C U R R I C U L U M V I T A E
Name: Monika Baumann, born Melzer
Date of birth: 11/21/1969
Place of birth: Vienna
1976 - 1988 public school with graduation degree in Vienna
1988 - 1990 College of Tourism in Lower Austria
1991 - 1998 University of Vienna, degree in Psychology
1999 - 2003 Training for systemic family therapist with final
Trauma treatment in the form of brainspotting and especially for kids according to a method of Dorothea Weinberg, Hypnotherapie, Diagnostic and training of learning disabilities
• Team BBDO advertising agency (3 months),
Child Psychiatry at a Viennese Hospital under the lead of Dr. Berger (1 year)
• Children's day hospital (CHOP) in Philadelphia (USA) for 3 months with a scholarship and in 2006 again with Prof.Dr. Jerilynn Radcliffe.
• Brain tumor unit for children at the Vienna General Hospital (4 years )
• Psychiatric Practice ( 4 months) in Vienna.
• Since 2000 freelance child psychologist with focus on diagnostics and support for children with learning disorders as well as systemic family therapist for children and adults with special focus on brainspotting and hypnotherapy
• Voluntary work at a school for 4-18 year olds in Paraguay 2012 during 5 months. Providing support where it was needed - from pedagogic advises to parent counselling and treating children with difficulties.
Brainspotting trainer international, formed by Dr. David Grand
Since 2015 Brainspotting Trainings in Paraguay
Currently private practice in Vienna and Paraguay
Voluntary work in a children´s home with more than 50 abandoned kids and adolescents from 0 to 18 years.
Presentations and Conferences held about:
the therapeutic work with children
Trauma – its arising, treatment and neurological effects
Trainings of Brainspotting in social Projects in Paraguay
Brainspotting with Kids and Adolescents in Rio and Paraguay in 2016 and in Barcelona, Austria and the US in 2017,
Marital Status: married since 1997, three daughters
Languages: German, English, Spanish